When using your Garmin GPS you may receive a notification that it is time to update your maps. This message comes directly from Garmin and is not in reference to your PatchMap, BushMap or AgMap card from SkyBase Solutions. This map update is for the city maps (city navigator) that comes as the base map in your Garmin GPS. If you use your GPS for dual purpose and would like to update your in city information please follow these steps to ensure you do not damage your SkyBase SD Card and Map Software. (Please note, if you use your GPS strictly for PatchMap, there is no need to update your Garmin Maps)
- REMOVE any SD card from the device before you start your update
- Using your USB cable, connect your GPS to your Computer
- Go to https://my.garmin.com/maps/chooseDeviceType.htm? and search for your device (you can see the model # on the bottom of your GPS)
- Click on Maps or Software and follow the directions to update your device
- When your update is complete and you have disconnected your USB cable you may put your SkyBase SD card back in the GPS
- Don’t forget to go back into your settings – map info – and turn off CN North America if you are wanting to navigate with PatchMap
If you have done an update and did not follow these steps, or left your SD card in the GPS your card may not be working. Depending on your GPS device and update the Garmin Maps can overwrite the SkyBase Maps rendering your card useless. If this is the case you will need to contact us for a replacement card. There is no way to repair this card. Call 1-87-PatchMap and we will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. If you are unsure if you map has been deleted, please do not hesitate to contact us.